General Information Center
The following visitor services are available at the General Information Center.
- Information about Nijo-jo Castle
- Acceptance of donations toward the Nijo-jo Castle Owners’ Fundraising Campaign
- Audio guide rental (fees apply)
- Power wheelchair rental(free, on a first-come-first-served basis)
The following visitor services are available at the Rest Area. The lecture room is available for picnics. Seats cannot be reserved.
- Shop (souvenirs, original merchandise, commemorative admission tickets)
- Cloakroom and coin-operated lockers
- Nursing room
- Multipurpose room (available for prayers)
- Sale of commemorative admission tickets
- “Top 100 Castles of Japan” rubber stamp
- Cash machine
The teahouse Waraku-an is a historically important building. It is built from parts of the 300-year-old former Suminokura Ryoi residence moved from Takasegawa Ichiofunairi (an address in Kyoto), and garden stones from the same mansion. The teahouse is set in Seiryu-en Garden, which combines traditional Japanese and Western aspects of garden design. Sabo Maeda serves matcha and sencha green teas with sweets at Waraku-an, offering visitors tea breaks in historic surroundings.
The gravel-laid castle grounds may be easier to negotiate with power wheelchairs, which are available to rent from the General Information Center. Indoor wheelchairs are available at Ninomaru-goten Palace. Please ask a member of staff (available on a first-come-first-served basis. We do not take reservations).
Cloakrooms and coin-operated lockers
Strollers, suitcases and other items of baggage can be checked into the cloakrooms or coin-operated lockers to explore the huge castle grounds in comfort.
*For strollers, suitcases, and other bulky items
Next to the General Information Center
- The Rest Area
300 yen per item
- The Rest Area
|Next to Higashi Ote-mon ticket counter
(outside the gate)
(inside the gate)
|Large||700 yen||500 yen|
|Medium||500 yen||300 yen|
|Small||300 yen||200 yen|
Free WiFi provided by Kyoto WiFi is available near the Higashi Ote-mon Gate, Rest Area, Seiryu-en Garden Rest Area, Waraku-an, and West Bridge Rest Area.